Welcome to the AltaVita Memory Care Centre
Therapy Dog Program
800 South Fordham Street, Longmont, CO
AltaVita is a vetted facility working closely with Therapy Dogs Boulder County to bring some wonderful dog therapy to residents who greatly appreciate the interaction on a daily basis. The AltaVita Therapy Dog program is a totally volunteer program and operates with team visits 7 days per week. Most days have 2 teams per day in the mornings and afternoons.
There are usually 20+ teams (a team is a handler and dog) signed up on a regular visiting schedule. The team choices for visit scheduling are:
– Once each week, same day/time
– 2nd & 4th weeks of the month, same day/time
– 1st, 3rd & 5th weeks of the month, same day/time
All teams are required to take a schedule available to them using the above choices. There are no floating schedules or visitations. All teams are part of a group email list so they can communicate absences and emergency coverage. A monthly schedule is created and sent to all teams and administration just before the beginning of each new month.
- Therapy Dog Registration: All teams must be registered with a therapy dog association. The accepted registration memberships are:
If you are not presently registered with any association, there are several tester/observers for Alliance of Therapy Dogs inside of our Therapy Dogs Boulder County group who can help get you started on that process. Use the “contact us” selection from the main menu and let us know you would like to be tested with your dog.
2. A copy of proof regarding your dog is current on the Rabies Vaccination. A vet record is acceptable.
3. A copy of proof showing your dog was fecal tested and the test was negative within the last 12 months.
Are you interested in being a therapy dog team at AltaVita?
If you would like to make application to be a therapy dog team at AltaVita Memory Care Centre in Longmont, please click on the following Facility Application Form link which will take you to the Facility application page. If you would like to make application to more than one Facility, please read about their requirements first before selecting them on the application:
DOGS ONLY, please