Welcome to Applewood Living Center in Longmont
1800 Stroh Place
Longmont, CO 80501
Our facility provides a variety of personalized care services to help make your stay as comfortable as possible. Call us or schedule a tour to discuss what else we can do to meet your healthcare needs.
Our client centers strive to provide quality health care with compassion, integrity, and respect for the residents, patients, family members, and communities they serve. The Code of Conduct sets forth our expectations for employees, contractors, and volunteers.
If you are a therapy dog team, are you interested in visiting this facility with your dog?
The Applewood Living Center in Longmont is a vetted facility working closely with Therapy Dogs Boulder County to bring some wonderful dog therapy to residents who greatly appreciate the interaction on a daily basis. This therapy dog program is a totally volunteer program with team visits presently on every Wednesday each week at 2pm.
Teams (a team is a handler and dog) are signed up on a regular visiting schedule. The team choices for visit scheduling are:
– Once each week, same day/time
– 2nd & 4th weeks of the month, same day/time
– 1st, 3rd & 5th weeks of the month, same day/time
Note: Backup or Standby teams also accepted.
All teams are required to take a schedule available to them using the above choices. There are no floating schedules or visitations. All teams are part of a group email list so they can communicate absences and emergency coverage. A monthly schedule is created and sent to all teams and administration just before the beginning of each new month.
- Therapy Dog Registration: All teams must be registered with a therapy dog association. The accepted registration memberships are:
If you are not presently registered with any association, we can help you to get started on that process. Simply indicate your status on the application form below.
2. A copy of proof regarding your dog is current on the Rabies Vaccination. A vet record is acceptable.
3. A copy of proof showing your dog was fecal tested and the test was negative within the last 12 months.
4. Proof of Flu Shot during the flu season.
5. Fill out facility volunteer application form.
Are you interested in being a therapy dog team Applewood Living Center in Longmont?
If you would like to make application to be a therapy dog team at this facility, please click on the following Facility Application Form link which will take you to the Facility application page. If you would like to make application to more than one Facility, please read about their requirements first before selecting them on the application:
DOGS ONLY, please