Boulder Medical Center is a family of 80 providers and 300 support staff dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate health care. Serving Boulder County and beyond since 1949.
2750 Broadway, Boulder CO
Welcome to the Therapy Dog Program at BMC
Boulder Medical Center is a vetted facility working closely with Therapy Dogs of Boulder County to bring some wonderful dog therapy to residents and staff who greatly appreciate the interaction on a daily basis. The Boulder Medical Center Therapy Dog program is a totally volunteer program.
There are several teams (a team is a handler and dog) signed up on a regular visiting schedule. The team choices for visit scheduling are:
– Once each week, same day/time
– 2nd & 4th weeks of the month, same day/time
– 1st, 3rd & 5th weeks of the month, same day/time
All teams are required to take a schedule available to them using the above choices. There are no floating schedules or visitations. All teams are part of a group email list so they can communicate absences and emergency coverage. A monthly schedule is created and sent to all teams and administration just before the beginning of each new month.
- Therapy Dog Registration: All teams must be registered with a therapy dog association. The accepted registration memberships are:
If you are not presently registered with any association, there are several tester/observers for Alliance of Therapy Dogs inside of our Therapy Dogs of Boulder County group who can help get you started on that process. Use the “contact us” selection from the main menu and let us know you would like to be tested with your dog.
2. A copy of proof regarding your dog is current on the Rabies Vaccination. A vet record is acceptable.
3. A copy of proof showing your dog was fecal tested and the test was negative within the last 12 months.
Are you interested in being a therapy dog team at Boulder Medical Center?
If you would like to make application to be a therapy dog team at this facility in Boulder, please fill out the following Facility Application Form below which will take you to the Facility application page. If you would like to make application to more than one Facility, please read about their requirements first before selecting them on the application:
DOGS ONLY, please