EXPAND Program for People With Disabilities
5660 Sioux Dr,
Boulder, CO 80303
Hi and welcome to EXPAND! We work to enhance the lives of people with disabilities through the fun of recreation while promoting development and growth through our programs. Our full time staff consists of five Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) who are dedicated to help people of all abilities enjoy life. We use recreation and leisure activities to help our participants learn and practice:
- Social skills, community integration and making new friends
- Physical fitness and emotional health
- Independence and self-confidence
- Connect people and families with their community resources
- Communication skills and appropriate expression of emotions
- Leisure awareness and skills
- Adventures and having FUN!
THERAPY DOG TEAMS: Are you interested in visiting the EXPAND program with your therapy dog?
The EXPAND program at East Boulder Rec Center is a vetted facility working closely with Therapy Dogs Boulder County to bring some wonderful dog therapy to children who greatly appreciate the interaction. This Therapy Dog program is a totally volunteer program and operates with team visits at special events.
All teams (a team is a handler and dog) are signed up to a group message email list which will broadcast special events at EXPAND. When there is a new event there will be a signup page where teams can register to attend the event.
Requirements for therapy dog teams:
- Therapy Dog Registration: All teams must be registered with a therapy dog association. The accepted registration memberships are:
– Alliance of Therapy Dogs (www.therapydogs.com)
If you are not presently registered with this association, there are several tester/observers for Alliance of Therapy Dogs inside of our Therapy Dogs Boulder County group who can help get you started on that process. Use the “contact us” selection from the main menu and let us know you would like to be tested with your dog.
2. A copy of proof regarding your dog is current on the Rabies Vaccination. A vet record is acceptable.
3. A copy of proof showing your dog was fecal tested and the test was negative within the last 12 months.
4. Teams must also be registered with this website (TDBC) with their contact info and ATD card.
Are you interested in being a therapy dog team at EXPAND?
If you would like to make application to be a therapy dog team at EXPAND at the East Boulder Rec Ctr, please click on the following Facility Application Form link which will take you to the Facility application page. If you would like to make application to more than one Facility, please read about their requirements first before selecting them on the application:
DOGS ONLY, please